Monday, November 21, 2005

The Countdown Is On!

It is now 14 days until I get to come home for Christmas. I am so excited to see everyone again. I have been day dreaming about Christmas trees, turkey, and yes I am dreaming of snow. Things have been very busy here with guests coming and going for a month straight as well as just trying to stay on top of my regular work. I am really looking forward to the break. A couple weekends ago I took a weekend away just to get some rest. I think the most challenging thing about this job is that you live and work with the same people all the time. There is little privacy and independance. So I took a weekend and didn't answer my phone, didn't see or talk to anyone at work. It was a great break. I stayed in downtown Maputo and got to enjoy a little more of the Maputo culture. One night right outside the hotel there was a huge 'FAMA' concert. This is Mozambique's version of Idol. So I got to enjoy great African singers trying to sing western pop and not doing a very good job of it. The amzing thing was that thousands of people came for the show and most of the time the crowd was louder than the performers. Overall it was a refreshing weekend and seeing it end was the hardest part. The pictures are from my hotel room balcony.

So before I head home I have lots of work to do. I will be going to one of our bases this week to do their month end and then to our other base next week. So it will be lots of travelling before I get on the plane. But I hope it will make the time go quickly. It's almost crunch time to make a decision if I will stay for another year or not. Latley I have had a daily decision because I can't seem to make one that lasts longer than a day. I have told my country director that I will have a more concrete decision by the time I come home from holidays. So please pray with me as I decide what to do. Sorry it's a short update but I will hopefully get to see you all soon.

No comments: