Saturday, March 04, 2006

Ahhhh Weddings!

Well I have been back in Mozambique for a week now from my quick trip home for my friend's wedding. I had such a great time. I'm so glad that I was able to be there. And to my surprise there was lots for a bridesmaid to do a week before the wedding. It was great to be a part of such a special day for such a special friend. It was great to see all her planning come together to create such a beautiful day. The only problem was that it was too short. It all went so fast. I thought I would post a picture of Sharon just so you can all enjoy the beautiful bride.

So I thought I would be coming back to train and turn things over to who ever would be replacing me but it looks like things will be turning out a bit differently. I am still planning on joining my parents and a team of people in Liberia on March 23 but then on April 6th I will be returning to Mozambique for another month. (The other picture is of some of the great kids in Liberia that I get to go and see again soon!) They are having a hard time finding someone qualified to come and replace me. So instead of trying to rush and do everything before I leave I will be returning to hand things over properly. I was very thankful for this news because after investing the last year of my life into this, I would hate to not hand things over right.

'What's next?' is the big question that everyone is asking me. My African friends are having the hardest time understanding that I am leaving one job without another to go to. Jobs are not as abundant for them as they are for me. But I am very thankful for them becuase even though they don't understand they still support me and pray for me in this next step. I really have no idea what is next. It's kind of strange that nothing is standing out to me yet. Usually you have some options but there is one or two that are more possible than others. But as of yet I have very little direction. God has never let me down yet so I know that once again He will be faithful and place me in the job and country that He wants me in. Some of my options are to stay here but in a different role, to take a job in Indonesia or Sudan, go back to Canada and go back to school, or actually settle down a bit and get a regular job and buy a house. Or the answer could be behind lucky door number three - the great unknown.

So that's the update on me. I'm having a hard time figuring out what country I am in at what time and I think I may have permanant jet lag but really loving life. What is better than the constant adventure of travelling, seeing new places, meeting new people and never knowing what is going to happen next.

1 comment:

Charis said...

Well, I will communicate to you on three levels today. I love your blog, the title, how you incoorporate pics. I am sooooo interested to see what is next in your life. Talk about last minute! Wasn't sharon's wedding fun! I have some great pics of all of us together. If I can figure out the pic thing I will post them on my blog. Anyways, once again, talk to you tommorrow. love kari