Friday, April 11, 2008

Oh Sweet Change

It's been great to have Bryan around the last week or so. We have been able to get out to the field a bit so I could show off some of my schools. It's sad to think that this could be my last trip up to the mountains. But it was a great way to say good bye. The schools have done an amazing job constructing their classrooms. Below are a couple of pictures of what the classrooms were like before and what they are like now. I think that the pictures say a lot.


Here's a couple more pictures that I liked from our trip.





I only have a couple weeks left here - at least I think so. I'm still having some travel permit issues which means I may have to leave Darfur early but we'll see. Bryan heads back to Kenya on Sunday and I will join him on the 27th. Then real life begins ... right? It's feels so strange to leave this world of IDP's and classrooms and enter one where I get to think about flowers, food, my favorite people and my soon to be husband. But the change is a welcome one and I am so excited about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have shown how beautiful it can be when one follows their heart.
You are truly an inspiration and I thank you for taking us along with you on your journeys. Godspeed.