Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Blog Revival

So I was inspired to start writing again. I looked at this blog that I used to do a fairly good job of keeping up to date, and then suddenly it died. I'm not really sure why I stopped but I think after getting married and having someone around that will listen to my stories I guess I didn't feel the need to write them down anymore. Yes I know, it's a lame excuse but that's what I'm sticking to. So here is my attempt to revive it a bit. To go into any detail about the last three years is just too much for me to tackle to here is the bullet point version in pictures.

After almost a year in Kenya we headed back to Darfur.





We took a few vacations during our time in Darfur. They were all fantastic but I really loved Sri Lanka.




Then I got stuck waiting for a visa to get back into Sudan which means that I got to visit with some fantastic friends in Uganda,



and got to meet up with Bryan and our good friend in Oxford while he was doing a course.



Of course we had to fit in another safari in Kenya at a magical place called Sarara.




We made the most out of the limited resources we had in Sudan and somehow made a little home in the middle of the desert.




We even got to meet up with some friends in Northern Mozambique.




Then our final vacation to Turkey was fantastic. To keep it simple we spent our time in Istanbul and walked all the little streets to discover all that it had to offer.




Then our time in Sudan was over and we headed to Calgary to enjoy the summer with friends and family.




Then it was the big move to Halifax. We found a fantastic place to live and Bryan jumped into school with both feet. We have enjoyed our time here even though Africa keeps calling to ask where we are.

1 comment:

Blair Turner said...

Keep it up. I will be a loyal follower.
Dad