Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Land Cruiser Swimming




Well I made it through my first trip to the field as Education Manager. I went to a location called Tulus. We took over the area from another NGO that had been supporting the schools there. So I went down there to get see the schools as well as look at material costs and to find someone that can build and rehabilitate the schools there. In this one town we are working with eight schools. We will also work in 5 other small towns in the region but their classes won't start for another two months because they are in rural areas. It was good to get out and feel like I'm actually accomplishing something.

The trip there and back was the most interesting I have to say. It took us about 6 hours one way because it is the rainy season. As you can see from my picture that I think we found every bit of mud possible. Other than being really bumpy and long it was lots of fun. We had to cross a couple of big wadi's (seasonal rivers) and that was quite the experience. I never knew a land cruiser could swim. Enjoy the pictures. I'm not really in the mood to write tonight so maybe I'll get to the stories at a later date.

No comments: