Friday, September 01, 2006

Sad Goodbye's

I have been very fortunate over the last couple of years to make some really great friends with some of the people that I have worked with. It's kind of a strange environment because you get thrown into a work place where you work and live with the same people 24/7 and that makes for great friendships (or sometimes not so great friendships) to be formed. I was very lucky to arrive in Darfur and join a great group of people. Sarah became a good friend of mine and we had lots of fun together. We danced like crazies at the Thrusday night parties and had many conversations full of venting, crying, and excitement. The problem though is that contracts end and people move on. So yesterday we had to say goodbye but knowing that one day we will see each other again. So life continues here but with a lot less of Sarah's laughter and daily friendship in it. I wish her all the best and I can't wait to meet here again in some foreign land.

No comments: