Monday, July 24, 2006

Beach Time!



After a couple of days of rain and cold weather the sun came out and we were ready to go up Table Mountain. This is one of the must sees of Cape Town. At the top you have an amazing view of Cape Town and you can look down onto the most south west point of Africa. All of this I have only been able to hear about because today was the first day of the 2 week maintenance time for the gondola. Lucky me! So I will be one of the few people that has come to Cape Town and not gone to the top of Table Mountain. But the beautiful day was not totally ruined. We headed down to Camps Bay Beach and enjoyed all the beaches on the way back to the hotel. Because it is winter there are not too many people on the beach or in the water but it was a great walk and I was totally amazed at how many houses they have been able to build out of the side of the mountain. Enjoy the pictures and even though I didn’t get to go up Table Mountain you are allowed to be a little jealous that you couldn’t spend the day with me at the beach.

No comments: