Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Cape of Good Food


Ahhh Cape Town. I have to say that I am very impressed with this not so little city. I had this strange misconception that Cape Town is a small little costal town so I was a little shocked that Cape Town has the population of over 6 million. I was able to meet up with my friend here with no problems and we have been really enjoying the first couple of days here. The food has been great and easy to find with a sushi restaurant on every block. I do think that I will be able to gain back some of the weight that I have lost over the last three months. With three big meals a day my body is going into shock and I’m feeling great. My guest house was just a 15 min walk from an area called the waterfront. This is the main port in Cape Town and they have built it up to a major tourist center where you can spend days just trying to see it all. I have been able to pick up all the things that I need to take back with me at just one of the malls and we even went to an amazing aquarium today. I think we are going to head back there tomorrow to go to Robbin’s Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 27 years.

Today I moved from the guest house that my friend had booked for me into a hotel that has a swimming pool, gym, and all the perks that I need. Things are a little more expensive here that I thought they were going to be but well worth it. It’s so nice to have a break and get away from work and all the wonderful but tiring things that Darfur brings. I’m looking forward to the next 7 days of enjoying all that Cape Town has to offer. I’ll try to keep you up to date on my travels and adventures here. It feels great to walk around with my map and camera and be a tourist again.

No comments: