Monday, July 31, 2006

Breakdown!

Well I am back in good old Darfur and diving right back into the work. People were more than happy to see me - not because they love me but the work that they don't have to do anymore. So I have been rather exhausted since my return. On top of that my assistant is sick and it's month end. So I had a bit of a breakdown today. Over the last couple of days I got really great news from home and really bad news. At times like these it makes me really home sick and I start to realize how many big things I am missing in my friend's and family's lives. This is all part of the job I know but it doesn't make it any easier. The pleasure of living and working with the same people everyone knows when you totally loose it. Usually you like people to think that you have things together but there really isn't anywhere to hide. Personal and professional crap crashed here in Angie's little world. But the good thing about the bottom is there is no where to go but up. But maybe tomorrow I can pick up the pieces again and keep moving forward. It's all a little reflective in this country that I work in. Things move along well with peace and stabilization and then it all crashed and we pick up the pieces and start again. Please keep me and our team here in Darfur in your prayers and pray for this country - it needs every prayer uttered.

No comments: